Ideas 2 Action
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kirk Green-ish

Go down

Kirk Green-ish Empty Kirk Green-ish

Post  KirkGreen Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:41 pm

Hello, my name is Kirk.

Few people know me well. This is an effort to change that. slightly

I am currently a student at Michigan State; my university status is senior. I'm majoring both in Public Administration & Public Policy and Journalism, and I am also working on a specialization in Sustainable Agriculture & Food Systems. Regardless of my university standing, I don't know when I will graduate -- don't ask. =)

I am a non-traditional student. My college career covers a vast swath of years, with a truckload of credits that do not apply towards either of my majors.

For a number of years I worked at a residential treatment facility (i.e.: home for "troubled" kids), with developmentally disabled and at-risk children. Please feel free to ask me about this!

I would like to list a couple of my strengths/skills, and encourage others to do the same in their introduction.
I am a creative person and a good problem solver. For me, the two go together. I'm at my best working in small groups. Alone, I have a lot of ideas that go untapped. I recognize this as a problem.
I want to become more gregarious: this is most difficult for me. But I recognize the synergy that can be found in groups, and the strength we draw from one another.

One thing I want from these forums is to have my ideas gain exposure and take form. And to help others do the same.

Last edited by KirkGreen on Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
KirkGreen
KirkGreen
Admin

https://ideas2action.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Kirk Green-ish Empty Re: Kirk Green-ish

Post  KirkGreen Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:34 pm

I forgot to mention . . . student groups: I'm involved with MSU Eco and Beyond Coal, and have participated in Greenpeace events. I would like to volunteer more at the Student Organic Farm, but I haven't been out there much recently. I also have volunteered at Urbandale Farm. That's a brief version of some of what I'm involved with in the area.

I'm interested in starting a student group dedicated to student sustainability activism -- whatever that means. "Ideas to Action" plastered around these forums was my idea for the name of a student organization. These forums, however, are not dedicated to a student organization. Right now, I just want to help facilitate communication to make our garden project a success.

More thoughts on Ideas to Action: I would like to connect people's skills and interests with projects that intersect them. And empower individuals to band together and find creative solutions to everyday problems. I don't think this should only apply to students, either. I would love to involve voices outside of the university.

Help me maintain focus. I have so many interests sometimes I get carried away.
KirkGreen
KirkGreen
Admin

https://ideas2action.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum